Before you judge me too harshly, I want you to know I do consider myself to be somewhat of a decent cook, and somewhat intelligent (however some may not agree with that)! This was my feeble attempt to cook a whole chicken for dinner one night. I know, those of you who know me well are wondering what possessed me to eat meat from a bone(for some reason tearing away meat that is attached to a bone is a little repulsive to me)! Well, a dear friend (you know who you are) has convinced me I can save a lot of money by shopping differently than I normally do at the grocery store. So, when I saw a whole chicken on sale for $5.99, I thought why not give it a try! Let me quote my 7 year old Sarah Elizabeth, "Why would they sell that?!" After pulling out "innards" from a hole and trying to neatly "saw" through the thing, those were my thoughts exactly! I gave up after trying to detach one leg! I put the whole thing in the oven. It turned out pretty good actually. Not so good that I will be trying it again anytime soon. I think I would have been a vegetarian if I had to live in the old days when people actually had to kill the chickens before supper!
Here are some other fun moments from our weekend. There were friends birthday parties galore, we went to the pumpkin patch with aunt Christy and Tate, and went to Caledonia Day. You'll see Sophie and Spencer really loved the free blue cotton candy they were giving out (a mother's worst nightmare). Enjoy!




2 comments:
LOL!! You have got to stop listening to Caron! Yes, she has wonderful (and frugal) ideas but I am not sure that you are genetically capable. Chalk it up to that and at least you can say you gave it an honest effort. ;) Kristi
That is too funny! What a friend you have in Caron. I'm just as horrified of cooking anything WHOLE! You have to fill me in on Caledonia Day!?! See ya soon! Shannon
Post a Comment