Sunday, March 8, 2009

So long Sonny!




Yes, we did it. We had a funeral for a fish. Sophie wanted a fish for her birthday. We got her a red beta thinking it may have the same longevity that Sarah Elizabeth's beta, Coco (over 2 years). Well, after MUCH feeding from Sophie and Spencer and a torn fin from getting caught in the plant in the fish bowl, Sonny died. Sophie handled it really well, but insisted on having a funeral for Sonny. Scott tried to convince her that fish are usually flushed rather than buried, but Sophie has never been a conformist. She picked the perfect spot for Sonny, we put him/her? in a ziploc bag and Scott dug the hole. We said some nice things about Sonny, said a prayer, and then Sophie skipped back inside the house. Now we have to go pick out another fish. I just hope this process doesn't keep repeating!

3 comments:

KSH said...

that story is priceless....love it
thanks for sharing
I thought the Jesus girl shirts were awesome too

The Rogers said...

Too funny Steph! Sydney actually had a beta in Columbus, and I swear I thought we were going to have to donate it to somebody before we moved, he just kept hanging on. He lived 1.5 years, which I thought was forever since I did all the cleaning and all!! Now she wants to get one over here!! UGH!

Kristy Phillips said...

So cute! I love how she skipped right back into the house....so funny! I love keeping up with you guys....such a great family!