There are very few things I'm certain about. I'm certain God is real and we all need Jesus to be saved. I'm certain I married the perfect man for me. I'm certain I will never be tall or thin. Today, I became certain that life is never dull if you have a 2 year old little boy in your family.
We were without internet service all weekend so in an effort to remedy the problem, I had to call tech support from our provider. I explained to the kids, I would need a few minutes without interuption while on the phone. The girls and Spencer agreed and went downstairs to play on their on. BIG MISTAKE! The girls did exactly as told and were perfect, as far as Spencer, not so perfect. As I finished the phone call and was feeling really proud that I was able to follow completely foreign instructions, I hear Spencer saying "knock knock, who's there" knocking on my bedroom door. I'm thinking, sweet little thing, forgot where mama was. "I'm upstairs Spencer." OK, so here he comes little feet pattering up the stairs, I turn to smile and greet him when I see it......green, green, and more green! He has his John Deer cap on, turned to the side, holding out green arms and legs! Green from head to toe. "Honey what did you do?!" "I look like the hulk mom," he announces so proud of his new color! He had taken a green marker and colored his entire body. Not only that, he also thought all of his toys in his room needed to be green as well. On top of all that, I noticed my bedroom door was closed (remember, the one I heard him knocking on). It is not only closed with little green smudges on the outside, but it is locked! He locked the door then shut it, thankfully, he was not on the other side. So, my afternoon consisted of cleaning off more green marker than you can ever imagine and picking the lock to my own bedroom!
Needless to say, we had a very intense discussion about the proper place to use markers, on paper! I know I should have been more stern with him, but sometimes you just have to laugh!
Oh--the fun never ends around here!
B-E-L-I-E-V-E
13 years ago




1 comment:
Ha! At least you can be glad it wasn't a Sharpie....THIS time!
Post a Comment