Sunday, February 1, 2009

Get well soon Sophie



Many of you know about how sick Sophie has been this past week. It all started last weekend when my mom "nanny" took Sophie and Spencer to Montgomery to visit my sister, Christy. While there, Sophie started running fever, had a runny nose, and had some wheezing in her chest. Mom called me Sunday morning to let me know and I told her to give her benedryl and motrin. Sophie is allergic to cats (my sister has on in the house), so I thought the benedryl would take care of that and the motrin would take care of her slight fever. Mom debated bringing her home, but decided they would leave first thing Monday morning.


Then it happened! At about 11 pm Sunday night mom called and said Sophie could hardly breathe, had a high fever and Sophie's heart felt like it was beating out of her chest. Nanny needed my permission to take her to the emergency room. Of course Scott and I told her yes! When they got there Sophie's heart rate was 197 and she was diagnosed with pneumonia and asthma. The doctors admitted her to the hospital and Scott and I left first thing Monday morning once we could drop Sarah Elizabeth off at school. That was the longest car ride! The 3 hr. trip felt like 3 days! Sophie stayed in the hospital for four days and was discharged Thursday afternoon.


We are still not out of the woods. I took her to see her pediatrician Friday morning because she started running fever again. His words..."she has rip roaring pneumonia, if she gets ANY worse call me and she will probably have to go back in the hospital." She has had an ok weekend. Still running low grade fever and we had to do back to back breathing treatments last night on top of the every 3 hours that we are already doing. I am so tired!! I know she is too. I don't know how people with chronically ill children do it! One week is more than enough for us. Thanks so much to all of our friends and family who have helped out this week. We are more thankful than you will ever know! Please keep Sophie in your prayers.




Another more urgent prayer request is for Scott's uncle Jimmy, Aunt Susie, and Stacey. We found out Friday, Scott's cousin Shae was found dead in his bed at home. He was 26/27 years old and we have no idea what happened. An autopsy was done yesterday, but it will be several weeks before the results come back. I think the funeral will be Tuesday, but the arrangements are still incomplete. Please pray for God's awesome comfort for them during this time.

3 comments:

Stephanie Kelley said...

So sorry to hear about Sophie! Please tell her that we miss her in Mission Friends and we hope that she gets better soon! If there is anything that I can do, please let me know.

The Rogers said...

Hey Steph,

Sydney and I have been praying for little Sophie. I hope all is well now. Please keep us posted, or keep your blog updated so we will know she's okay!
Franny

Julee said...

Hey Steph! I knew about Sophie's illness through the Fairview email updates that I still receive. I hope she is feeling much better now! I know you were so scared being far away from her when it hit....love and hugs to the family, and especially Sophie!